Please read through entire information packet. It should answer any questions that you have, if you still have questions e-mail us with your question and we will be happy to help you.
Bureau of Customs & Border Protection
Vehicle/Equipment Outbound Team
9901 Pacific Highway
Blaine, WA 98230-9299
Phone: (360) 332-2632
Fax: (360) 332-2639
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 3:30pm
NO EXPORTATIONS AFTER 3:30 PM
NO EXPORTATIONS ON WEEKENDS or HOLIDAYS
This requirement ONLY pertains to LAND BASED / SELF PROPELLED vehicles
These Documents must be on file with our office for 3-business days prior to export!!
1. U.S. CUSTOMS & BORDER PROTECTION/NICB VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT EXPORT WORKSHEET. (This document is always required.)
2. Title/Certificate of Ownership, which includes Salvage title, rebuilt title, or flood title. (Because Washington State does not issue a Salvage title the required document to export a salvaged vehicle out of Washington is a PUBLIC DISCLOSURE FORM, which can be obtained from the Department of Licensing in Olympia. Contact Washington Department of Licensing Public Disclosure Section at (360-902-3760 for further information.)
3. Bill of sale, this can be a hand written document between buyer and seller. If vehicle was a gift a letter of gift can be substituted for bill of sale. If you are the titled owner of the vehicle a bill of sale. If you are the titled owner of the vehicle a bill of sale is not required.
A few common exceptions
1. Vehicle’s that are being financed through a U.S. based lender often do not have a titled issued for that vehicle. A letter from the finance company granting permission for that vehicle to leave the country can be used in lieu of title.
2. Off road vehicles often do not have titles issued to them in those cases an invoice can be used in lieu of title.
3. Brand new vehicles bought from dealerships will have a title. Manufactures Statement of Origin, (MSO) or a Certificate of Origin can be used in lieu of a title.
Once all required documents have been obtained, fax the documents to our office at 360.332.2639. Documents may also be hand delivered to our office or we can accept them via e-mail if you have the ability. These documents must be on file, in our office, 3-business days to process these documents; during this 3-day period, the vehicle must remain in the United States. Here are examples of how to calculate when the vehicle will be ready for export. If you submit the paper work on Monday, the vehicle will be ready for export on Thursday, as long as there are no holidays with in that time frame. If you submit the paperwork on Thursday your vehicle will not be ready for export until the following Tuesday. Any paper work received after 3:00pm will not be processed until the following day, meaning the 3-day clock will not start until the following day. Weekends do not count towards the 3-day period. Once again, the vehicle must be in the United States during the 3 Business day period! If the vehicle is already in Canada and you wish to export it, the vehicle must be brought back to the United States for the 3-day period!!
Checked Status of your paper work (do not assume that your fax was received)
1-2 days after submitting documents to our office, send us an email stating that you are checking the status of your vehicle. Make sure email includes Year, Make, Model, and what state vehicle is titled in. If there is a carrier company that will be transporting the vehicle across the border include carry company name. If email is not available to you, call our message service and leave the same information as well as a contact number.
EMAIL: email@example.com. Phone number to message service: 360.332.2632
Day of Export
After the 3- business day requirement has been met and your vehicle has been cleared for export bring vehicle and ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS to our office during hours of operation which are 8:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday.
Exit interstate 5 at exit 275. Proceed through two stoplights, Boblett and H Street. Continue up and over a small hill, at the bottom of the hill, there will be a turnout on the left side of the road, leading around a small building with a sign that reads KIOSK, park next to that building. Carefully cross the lanes of traffic that are entering the U.S., and proceed into the Customs and Border Protection building. Once inside, we are located on the left side of the lobby, just past the first counter.
A to Z Self Storage
Contact phone number: 360.332.8016
C & G Sales & Rentals
Contact phone number: 360.354.2444
Yorky’s Gas Station
Contact phone number: 360.332.4341